
Building Back a Historic Gathering Destination
Originally constructed in 1922, the building at 20 Broad Cove Road has been a treasured destination for families and friends to gather, dance, celebrate weddings, and watch some of the best bands on the banks of Broad Cove. Originally called Iris’ Broad Cove Ball Room by the first owner (an Englishman) naming the dance hall after his daughter, Iris. In 1925, The Cove Club suffered a devastating fire in 1926, burning the building to the ground. Re-built in 1927, its structure has gone through several renovations and a couple of additions, but its foundation has remained the same.
Eventually, Iris was dropped from the name and the club went through a few iterations, one was simply titled, The Cove, while its most recent naming was called, Broad Cove Ballroom, a destination for weddings, events, bands, and an auction house.

Founded 1922 as Iris' Broad Cove Ballroom Inn

1922 Property Featured a side deck

Iris' Broad Cove 1923

A fire destroyed the building in 1926

The property was closed until 1927 after a rebuild

The new building was dubbed "The Sweetheart of The South Shore"

A 1933 look South toward Hingham Harbor where noticeably no trees/vegetation existed

Eventually the name changed sometime in the late 60's to The Cove

The Cove 1970s

Broad Cove Ballroom was the last name of the building. For 20 years it acted as a function hall, auction hall and event space